LUXURY JEWELRY AND ART SALES CONSULTANT job available now!
WORK LOCATION: Cannery Row, Monterey, CA
WORK SCHEDULE: Flexible, part time or full time, weekdays and weekends
JOB TYPE: Part time or full time hourly, non-exempt position
COMPENSATION: Hourly plus results driven profit sharing
We are inviting a highly motivated, positive lover of beauty to an adventure. The position has meaning and will require growth and commitment. If you love beauty and people, and want to help grow a community of collectors and artists, we have an open position for luxury jewelry and art sales consultant available at ZFolio Monterey on Cannery Row now.
ZFolio curates a collection of beautiful objects, primarily jewelry and art glass and photography, and was voted the best in the United States by the jewelry design community for its collection of contemporary jewelry. The environment itself is a work of art. Walking through the doors is like stepping into a wonderland of bright colors and graceful shapes. The gallery atmosphere is full of light and beauty with a team of dedicated people working towards the same goal - extraordinary customer service.
ZFolio represents over 50 leading American and European jewelry and Czech and American glass artists, including Annamaria Cammilli, Alex Sepkus, FreyWille, Pesavento, Tom Kruskal, Jorge Revilla, Matt Bezak, Tomas Hlavicka, David Wight, Vlastislav Janacek, Stephen Schlanser.
Hours are flexible and part time for a jewelry consultant position. Full time work is available if your skills include inventory management, ecommerce product management, social media content production, writing, photography, video.
Our clients rely on us to advise and guide them on their jewelry and art collecting journeys. The empathic communication skills that go into welcoming clients into the gallery are essential to our success. New clients who are coming in for the first time while visiting the area or who are brought into the gallery by family and friends appreciate it when we give them a tour of the gallery and share stories of individual designs and artists. We get so many compliments from returning clients telling us how much they enjoy returning to the gallery to explore and acquire new styles into their personal jewelry, art glass and photography collections.
- ZFolio was born out of love for beauty. ZFolio is a dynamic company with two gallery locations in Solvang, in the Santa Ynez Valley, and on Cannery Row in Monterey; and online at zfolio.com.
- ZFolio Monterey is located on Cannery Row, popular tourist destination with diverse daily variety of visitors.
- Voted Best Retailer for designer jewelry in the USA.
- Represent over 50 American and European artists and designers.
- Committed to curating heirloom quality collection of American and international art jewelry, glass art, and photography of nature, in our galleries and on our website.
- Provide results driven profit sharing plan, paid time off, employee discount.
- Communicate openly.
- Tell the truth, with authenticity and kindness.
- Nurture growth in ourselves and others.
- Will accommodate personal and family needs with regards to scheduling.
- Are you a positive and happy lover of beauty and a sales superstar, retail sales professional with a passion for contemporary designer jewelry, art glass and photography? Successful candidate will be a lifelong learner, involved with all aspects of retail sales and customer service for collectors and customers of art jewelry, art glass and photography.
- Welcome returning and new clients to the gallery on Cannery Row and re/introduce them to our curated collection of beautiful jewelry, art glass and photography. Know what it means to create a fun, wonderful discovery experience for every customer.
- Have a great, happy, energetic, optimistic, positive feeling about life and people. Eager to make people happy through every interaction and experience they have with you. No joke, you must be happy!
- Love sales and are successful in sales.
- Creative team player who cares about your clients and colleagues. Thrive in people and relationship driven environment.
- Fellow traveler, a person with similar goals, approaches and perceptions. Expect to be led more than managed. We will give you tools and training and expectations. We will tell you to "use your best judgment" and we will expect you to see and to care that the right things happen.
- Proactively nurture ongoing relational selling client relationships using full spectrum of communication tools – personal visits and appointments, phone, text, email, video, mail. Excellent in person and remote communication skills, verbal and written.
- Study jewelry and art continually.
- Embrace technology.
- Lifelong learner with a growth mindset.
- Welcome failure and rejection as opportunities to learn and grow.
- Constantly grow your ability to see and to care. Accurately see what is going on and act proactively, quickly, independently and responsibly.
- Manage yourself well, emotionally and with respect to time management and productivity.
- Comfortable and articulate in an upscale environment.
- Precise and detail oriented, reliable and responsible.
- Have a high level of passion and energy. Have physical and mental energy and ability to walk and stand on your feet for a full shift and to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Jewelry and gem knowledge preferred, but we will train the right person.
Please email a resume and cover letter to Zdena Jiroutova and Michael Mendizza. Please share what inspired you to apply.
We look forward to meeting you!